Wednesday, July 23, 2008

C is for Cookie

I love chocolate chip cookies... but not just any chocolate chip cookie. I love the soft, chewy ones that just melt in your mouth. And I found a wonderful recipe on allrecipes.com (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Award-Winning-Soft-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/Detail.aspx). I've made them a few times in the past, but this was the first time they actually came out perfect. Again, the butter-sugar-creaming part seemed to be key. These are the most delectable cookies ever and definitely a winner.

I used a gas oven, and although a lot of reviews said the minimum amount of time in the oven is sufficient, I actually kept mine in for at least 12 minutes. They still looked a bit undone at that point, but the edges were golden brown (I used that as my signal). After cooling, they were just right.

It's also much easier to work with the dough after chilling it for a bit... 1/2 hour to an hour was just fine for me. I also cut down on the suggested 4 cups of chocolate chips. I used less than 3 cups (it was all that I had on hand), and it turned out to be more than enough.

The recipe truly make 72+ cookies, so be prepared to share or cut the recipe down :)

No comments: